July 28, 2017—-SISO, The Society of Independent Show Organizers, the largest association of the leading for-profit trade and consumer show organizers, announced today that Aromachology, Buster, EventBots by Sciensio, Eventuosity and interactio.io have been nominated to present at its fifth annual “Event Innovation Battlefield.”
The competition will take place on August 3, 2017, as part of its annual SISO Leadership Conference, being held this year in Philadelphia from August 1-3. The event attracts large and small trade and consumer show organizers who are interested in the latest innovations and best practices to manage more than 4,000 trade and consumer shows represented by its’ members.
“The Event Battlefield is an important motivational hub for innovation, ideas, talent, and products,” said David Audrain, Executive Director of SISO. “It gives our members the ability to see what’s on the drawing boards now that will drive our industry in the future. We can also help incubate, develop and assist in the delivery of products and services to the market. It’s a win-win-win which will advance the event industry.”
This year the nominating committee chose five out of 50 considered organizations looking for breakthrough event technology or amazing new business models.According to David Adler, CEO of BizBash and Co-chair of the SISO Battlefield project, “We are excited to present organizations that will stretch the imagination, showcase forward thinking and encourage our members to raise the bar on innovation. The program itself is a version of American Idol meets Shark Tank where attendees will vote on their choice for the most innovative of the innovative for 2017.”
Background on 2017 Nominees
- Aromachology (myaromachology.com & perfumevent.com ) Aromachology studies the science and psychology of scent and its impact on consumer behavior. Aromachology executes creative Scent Solutions to enhance the customer experience. The company has scaled their Scent Mapping technology and applies it to temporary marketplaces, trade shows, and conference spaces, to influence attendees experience and intent to purchase.
- Buster (buster.com) — Akin to Uber for the event industry, Buster as a way to make ordering transportation a breeze for all types of events from trade shows and conventions to events and conferences that have an off-site element.
- EventBots by Sciens.io (sciensio.com) —Concierge EventBots (chatbots) are at the intersection of customer service, experience, and ROI for events. By creating personalized conversation on universal messaging platforms, its hybrid conversation design with structured menus supplemented by natural language understanding (artificial intelligence) will support free-form texting and change the way events communicate with their attendees.
- Eventuosity (eventuosity.com ) Eventuosity improves the trade show exhibitor experience by offering the first cloud-based suite of project management, collaboration, and reporting tools designed specifically for event marketers. By standardizing and automating low-ROI activity your exhibitors will spend more time working creatively and strategically to achieve their own marketing and sales objectives while boosting the overall perception of your show.
- Interactio (interactio.io) is a mobile system that fully replaces interpretation hardware for live events. An interpreter is interpreting from a booth, a computer is connected to the sound system and attendees listen to the translation in their phones or tablets via an app.
SISO members include companies, corporations and other for-profit entities that own, produce or provide full-service management of “face to face” trade shows, consumer shows, expositions, conferences, and events. SISO membership is a combination of large corporations and small entrepreneurial enterprises that do business around the world.
SISO’s almost 200 member companies produce thousands of events around the world. SISO’s Mission is to meet the common needs of our members, by providing peer networking opportunities, education, industry information, streamlined business processes and best practices in the industry.
For more information on SISO, the SISO CEO Summit, and the SISO Leadership Conference, please visit www.SISO.org, or contact David Audrain, SISO Executive Director, at 404-334-4585 or David@SISO.org.